What is Personal Information?
As used in this Policy, the term "personal information" means information that can be used for identification purposes (such as your name, user name or e-mail address), or information about you that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include the postings submitted by you on the Site making comments or inquiries about the use of the Site or the Services.
BigObject may collect personal information from you during your use of the Site and Services. If you choose not to submit any personal information when requested, you may not be able to participate in certain activities and features on this Site, and may limit the Services we can provide to you.
Use of the Personal Information Collected
We use personal information collected through the Site and the Services for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Site. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Site and the Services;
- to respond to your emails, questions, comments, requests and complaints, and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Site and the Services usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site, the Services and our users' experiences on the Site and the Services, and to increase the Site's and the Services' functionality and user friendliness;
- to provide you with news and information about the services we think will be of interest to you; and
- to notify you about important changes to the Site and the Services.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
We will not knowingly share the personal information we collect from you through this Site and the Services with third parties, except as described in this Policy or on the Site. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
- with our affiliates, partners and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site or the Services and who carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including when we notify you on the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BigObject, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public including without limitation to protect BigObject or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of the Site or the Services; and
- to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements.
Links to Other Websites
BigObject is committed to protecting the security of your data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, note that BigObject cannot guarantee the absolute security of stored information, the Site, or the Services, and cannot fully eliminate security risks and mistakes and security breaches may occur. BIGOBJECT SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF ANY DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM SECURITY RISKS, MISTAKES AND/OR SECURITY BREACHES, WHETHER MALICIOUS OR ACCIDENTAL. If you have any questions regarding security on our Site, please contact us at the information below.
You may access, correct or delete any of your personal information held by BigObject, please e-mail us at email@example.com for further detail.